Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Staying Warm In Green

Hello Refashion Co-op. It is really cold where I live and all I want to do is wear lots of sweaters and be as warm as possible. I went through all my refashion clothes and found some warm clothes to work on. I had some hand-me-downs to start with. This green sweater was from my mom. I loved the color but I didn't like the fit or the fake collar. The pants with the zipper pockets were a great length on me but they were too big and baggy.
I unpicked all the stitches and removed the collar. I thought the sweater would be easier to wear without it. I also took it in on the sides to make it more fitted.

These pants are actually cropped Capri pants but they are the right length on me because I am super short. I took them in on the sides, right behind the side seam. I didn't want to damage or change the zippers on the front or hip pockets. I wanted a skinny jeans type of fit so I could tuck them into boots.

I didn't mess-up the zippers! And I liked the new slim fit and I thought I could layer more things on top of them. Like a big cardigan or jacket. I am all about the layers right now. I need blankets, hot cocoa, and lots of layers.

Thanks for reading, For more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Un peignoir qui devient robe-doudou .........

Voici à quoi ressemblait mon peignoir avant (photo trouvée sur le net) :

Et voici le peignoir après transformation :

Et si vous voulez en savoir plus, c'est Ici

Merci à vous, et à très bientôt
Bisous , Elisa Elisa  

Friday, January 12, 2018

Feeling Blue (Dye)

Hello Refashion Co-op. I love to try and update older or dated clothes. I like to see if I can start with something I don't like and see if I can make something I do like.
I started today's project with these off-white items. The shirt was a men's dress shirt and the skirt was a long sweater knit. They were both the same dingy off- white color. The yucky color was a little depressing. The skirt also had a very dated style to it. I didn't really like that either.
I used some denim blue Rit dye in my washing machine and tried to improve the color. The skirt turned out darker than the shirt but I liked the new colors much better. Now that I had a better color scheme to work with I could try to alter them.

I decided that I liked the big shirt. I just rolled up the sleeves because they were too long.
I removed the elastic waistband from the long skirt. I cut a simple straight skirt from the material and reattached it to the waistband.
 I think the new color and style of this outfit is a big improvement over the original.
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Stash Busting

I was given a bag of clothes by a friend - some I hung up ready to wear, others went on top the overflowing mess, known as the Refashioning Heap.
I like the shape and colour of this long-sleeved T, but didn't really want the words emblazoned across my chest.

Using a piece of fabric from my stash (a gorgeous knit from Cali Fabrics), I just cut a panel big enough to cover the writing, and pinnned it over. I unpicked the neckline and front band, so I could overlock, sandwiching the new piece into the seams, but the vertical sides were just zigzagged on.

Will use the same technique again whenever I thrift a shirt with a message that's not really me. 
Quick and easy!

The Bomb Cyclone Sweatshirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. We got a huge burst of cold weather called a "Bomb Cyclone". It was just the coldest and windiest weather we have had in a long time. I decided to make the most heavy sweatshirt to wear during these freezing days.
I started with this long black cape. It looks like a vampire cape to me. I have had it for a while. I wasn't sure what to do with it until I wanted to make this super sweatshirt.

I also had this gray sweatshirt. It was nice and heavy but it had no stretch to it. It wasn't very comfortable or cozy. I decided to use it for parts. I took the hood, the front pocket, and the waistband.

I sewed the cape closed and put the gray hood into the cape hood. It is attached around the face opening and around the neck. It isn't going to come out in the wind at all.

I used this navy blue sweatshirt as a lining for the body. I cut the bottom of the cape off and used it to make sleeves.

I put the gray pocket on the front. I really wanted it to look casual and I thought the gray accents would help. I also added gray cuffs on the sleeves.

This was very warm out in the wind and cold. I didn't stay out long because it was so painful when the wind hit me in the face and eyes. But the rest of me was nice and cozy warm.

Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.