Saturday, March 25, 2017

#59 Back to School Wardrobe: Laura Ashley Jacket to Spring Best Vest

REFLECTIONS:  I love to thrift!!!
  • My goal is not buy any thrifted or new clothes for this school year.
  • Ya'll are posting great inspirations tempting me to thrift. 
  • Spring and change of season are tempting me to thrift.
  • Eight months down. I can do this !!! Back to the stash!!!
BEFORE: Thrifted Laura Ashley jacket, a pricey label I like.
  • In the Re-fashion Stash
  • Brocade fabric, lining, and workmanship are higher end than I like to pay for new.
STEPS:
  • I serged seams when first opened. This step stabilized fabrics while reassembling. And helped keep slippery lining fabric from crawling away.
  • Remove sleeves. Cut side insert to enlarge vest and lining.
  • This was a tiny petite, so not much trimming in armcycle for my narrow shoulders.  
  • Drop arm seam 1/2” to make room for layering. And to make it less like a jacket with no sleeve, but more vest-like.
  • Cut facing from t-shirt scraps.
AFTER: Best Vest for Spring Special Occasions.
  • Reserved for wear for graduations, Easter, etc.
  • Can dress up or down. 
AFTER: Best Vest for Spring

Light Weight Brocade
Dress up or Down

Large on small dress form

AFTER: With side insert


Light Weight t-shirt facing


Serge in the beginng to stabilize

Serge to stabilize slippery lining
Quality, light weight brocade
Love quality in this this Brand

BEFORE: Thrifted. Small petite.





2 comments:

whatthesew said...

The fabric and colours are good on this vest. Stick to your no buy resolve, you can still sew.

I Can Work With That said...

Wow, that fabric is gorgeous. This vest looks so pretty, great one.
Chickie EOD