Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Spring Skirt and Sweater

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am really digging this pink/rose/mauve color. I have collected a few things in this shade, like the shirt below. It was a nice gauzy cotton. It didn't fit well so I could try to fix it or.......


I could cut it in to pieces and make something else. I decided to make this a skirt.


The shirt/skirt was too short to make a casing to hide the elastic. so I chose the cutest elastic I had. Can elastic be cute? It doesn't really matter because it won't really show anyway.


I got this nice light weight sweater from a wonderful lady I know. It was just the thing to go with the skirt. 
Originally I thought of attaching the skirt directly onto the sweater but I was afraid the thin fabrics would pucker and look sloppy. 


Here are the two finished pieces together. The sweater was perfect for a cool Spring morning. 


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

4 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

Both of these look great.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Catherine1216.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! You look great in them.

cfort82 said...

Your outfit looks great. I like the color too.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab