Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Plaid Dress Refash

I just can't have enough shirt dresses! Every time I see one while I'm not thrifting I just have to have it!
dscn1147 
Here we have a beautifully simple plaid shirt dress. As always the dress was too long and so were the sleeves.
dscn1211
Remember my post on tea dying? I used tea bags to make this white lace trim into an off white. I thought that a bright white trim would look too new when added to the dress. I was going for a more vintage look.
dscn1213
Next, I worked on snugging up the bodice of the dress.
dscn1214
I took the side seams as well as the existing front darts.
2017-16-4--16-13-32
DSCN1245
Happy Refashioning!!!

4 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Adorable. Great save.

I Can Work With That said...

Huge improvement! It is so cute.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you!!!

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

I love this so much!!!!