#70 Back to School Wardrobe
REFLECTIONS: Six weeks till end of the school year.
- Lots of Field Days, Field Trips, and Day Camps
- Need casual, cool capris, but not shorts.
- Lands End from the Re-fashion stash.
- Wide elastic band looked easy to just pull and tighten.
- BUT, the waistband elastic was so heavily blind stitched that it took two TV nights to pull out the stitching. .
- The elastic was stitched into the waistband seam so the whole band had to come off.
- Seam rip a lot to get the waist band off.
- Then seam rip a lot more to get the elastic free.
- Re-attach the waistband.
- Insert a shorter and more narrow elastic due to the new more narrow waistband casing.
|AFTER: Capri size knit with a tighter waisband|
Ready for end of school Field Days and Field Trips
|BEFORE: 3 XXXL Knit Leggings|
|DURING: Waistband removed,|
old black elastic,
new more narrow / shorter elastic