Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Picnic Blouse" Refashion


I named this blouse the "Picnic Blouse" because the red gingham reminded me of a picnic blanket. Lately, I have been seeing all sorts of cute little ruffle blouses, so I knew it was the perfect refashion project. It is also very easy, since all you really have to do is cut strips of fabric, make a gathering stitch, and sew on your new ruffles. 

I started with this white blouse that I hadn't worn in quite some time. It already had some ruffles going down the front, and when I got this red gingham fabric, I knew that they were destined to be together hehe. :)


All I really did was:

1. Added two ruffles to the bottom.


2. Added a ruffle to the sleeves.


3. I added a little bow tie off detail on the back.


For the full tutorial and more photos, visit Sew Much Love, Mary.






5 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I like the longer length and the extra color of the new fabric.
Chickie

Therese said...

Yes, it does look like very "picknicky" All you need is a basket full of goodies to take along to a lovely spot!

eimear said...

that is a gorgeous update - totally brings the blouse to a new level! brilliant

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

SUPER CUTE!

Pivot Point Patterns said...

Adorable!