Friday, June 23, 2017

Super Easy Dress to Skirt Refashion

I had an adorable pink, gray and black color block dress. But I found I had stopped wearing it because it felt a little bit too short and because it was strapless I felt like I was constantly pulling it up.

Like with anything in my closet that sits unworn for long periods of time, I consider if I want to eliminate it from my wardrobe or simply change it. The dress had fantastic pockets and I really wanted to keep it, so I decided to turn it into a skirt.
I basically just removed the bodice part, shortened the zipper and finished the top of my new skirt waistband. It dropped the skirt enough to make it a totally comfortable and appropriate length that I decided to wear it to the office.
Here's the side by side:


To learn more about how I changed up the skirt and why I call it the "prevailing pink skirt," check my blog at ProbablyRachel.com

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

The new skirt looks great on you. I love the colors.
Chickie EOD